We went to meet Matt at the airport yesterday morning.

Colin, of course, first noticed the Cinnabon store by security. He made Michael put him down and then made a beeline!

Still trying to catch a glimpse of sugary goodness.

Then Matt got there and Colin was momentarily distracted.
We've talked to Matt a few times on Skype since he deployed and he and Michael emailed every day, but it's definitely different than seeing him in person. Matt looked good when he came walking down the ramp! Great to see his (always) smiling face again!

I think Matt will always hold a special place in my heart. He has been such a good friend to Michael, was the first person to see Colin other than Laura, Michael, and I, and was so sweet to us right after Colin was born (even patiently supporting me as I had a complete emotional meltdown in his truck the morning we readmitted Colin to the hospital!). Matt, you're a darling and we're so glad you're home safely! :)
Here Colin is having a sit on Matt's baggage. Goober.

And here are some pictures he sent us while he was over there. What a cutie, huh?



1 comment:
Great pictures! I like the fact that Colin knows a good bun when he smells one. That's my grandson!!
I too have a special place in my heart for Matt. He was so kind and fun to talk to when Colin was making his entrance into this world :-)
Glad he's back safe and sound.Another answered prayer.
Post a Comment