This morning we arrived at church before Colin's Sunday School teacher. The toddler teacher was there though and saw him and said, "Oh, he's walking so well now! He's ready to switch classes!" My first thought: no, my baby! But I said, "Um, okay, but Miss Martha will be upset." At that moment, Miss Martha walked in a scooped him up and said, "You can't take my Colin." (Apparently, in addition to being her sweetie, he has actually been helpful lately, bringing things to the baby triplets and other little kids in his class and patting their legs when they are sad. Martha's also needling her own son, who has been married two years now, for a grandbaby.) Well, Michael and I decided that if they are
supposed to move over once they're walking well that we'd let him go to the toddler class today.
However, on the way out of our building after church, we met the toddler teacher who said, "He did great and didn't cry at all, but Martha came and got him anyway, so he's in her room!" LOL! She's such a sweetheart and I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I don't get to drop Colin off with her each week! She has offered to babysit any time though (even overnights), so we may have to take her up on that! Who knows when he'll really move to the big boy class with the bond he has with her!
Here's a pic I snapped just as he saw me coming to pick him up today! He's bringing me a "choo-choo" ~ I had no idea he knew what that was! Miss Martha is the lady in the background.

The promised pictures of the newly stained patio. I really like how it ties in with the brick edging and (though you cannot see it here) our shingles.


Tonight's dinner. All on the grill. Corned beef brisket, broccoli, garlic and sundried tomato potatoes, and cornbread (alright,
that was in the oven). Kristen had the suggestion that we put the clear plates onto a colored background instead of the brown table to help the food "pop". I thought it was a great suggestion and have tried it first tonight (although now I'm thinking maybe it would have been better to try a not-red-meat meal first! LOL! maybe tomorrow.).

Colin has recently decided to start requesting food on his own and goes to his shelf in the pantry at least a hundred times a day. Here he is trying to convince Michael he should have a juice box (which he only gets one of a day max and he'd already had at church). When Michael told him 'no', he just took matters into his own hands and took off the straw and began trying to punch it through the hole.

Rooting around some more even later in the evening. I swear, we do feed this child!

Speaking of which, here's what I'm waiting on. It's currently in the oven cooking. I'll add another picture if I remember to take one before Michael pulls it from the oven and digs in!
No comments:
Post a Comment