I actually had my camera in the bag today at the commissary, so you get a picture of Colin by the broccoli. We were waiting on "Joe the Produce Guy", whom Colin has to talk to each time we go. I became friends with him while I was pregnant (back when I could barely stand to be in the grocery store) and he has chatted with Colin every week since he was born. We were picking up broccoli today when Joe decided we didn't want any of what was out there and went in back to get us some fresh off the truck! LOL! He's such a sweetheart (in his 50's?) and regularly gets things from the back for us!

This afternoon we decided to cook with some of our produce. Can you guess what we're making?

Here are most of the ingredients...

And Colin helping me. Yep, apple pie. Yum! He was fascinated by the apple peeler! And (I discovered) can now take a bite out of an apple.



Pardon my huge hand. There's a reason I don't normally take shots of the two of us...

Mmm, don't worry, his hands were scrubbed thoroughly. I eventually had to stop him eating the apples though. I was was afraid we were not going to have enough if I let him eat all he wanted!

Trying the apple peeler again. He was starting to get the hang of it by the end. Probably by the end of summer, I'd guess.

Being silly.


And the (almost) final result...not yet baked.
3 comments:
You just have the most ridiculously cute kid. Ever.
So now we will have you and Colin fighting over the apple peeler!
Isn't it fun to be able to cook with him?
What fun! If my "kids" help me cook, we get cat hair in everything! Sub-optimal!;-)
Post a Comment