Going to Whole Foods down here always makes me feel a bit, um, granola. For one thing, San Antonio is one of the fattest cities in the nation, so you see a whole different side of the city when you're in there. For another, I always get comments about how I'm "starting your kid off right" by having him there. As though I can't get him healthy food elsewhere? At any rate, we had to take a trip up Thursday morning because I did actually need a few things I can't find at other places. Sure makes me miss places like Jungle Jim's and Trader Joe's in Dayton though...

After a hard morning of shopping (we also went to the huge Asian Market and he walked most of the time we were out), Colin was toast. He ate lunch and then crashed. I went to check on him and this is what I found:

Goofy kid had dragged his pillow and blanket to the door instead of sleeping in his bed. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.
This afternoon, we made trail bars (from Laura's yummy recipe). I decided to split a batch and did some strawberry and some raspberry. As soon as they were finished, Colin was ready for a snack and had a HUGE piece ~ he loved it and had another for breakfast with his (ba)nana.


Colin's unhealthy obsession with vacuum cleaners has now escalated into an obsession with all cleaning implements. It is nearly impossible to clean the floors without a great deal of pint-sized assistance. I was trying to mop after our baking extravaganza and Colin was bouncing right in front of wherever the broom was saying, "want that, want that." Eventually we got the kitchen cleaned.


Michael had a "challenging" day at work again, due to circumstances out of his control. He wanted comfort food and to him, that includes this: chili dogs and Doritos.

All I can say is "gag". But I am a good wife, so I got him the disgusting fixin's and he and Colin chowed down.
For a special treat for him, I made up a dessert (much better than his dinner). I diced some apples and some figs, mixed them with some cinnamon and made little phyllo dough triangles. Very tasty and super easy (with stuff I usually have on hand), this one is definitely going into the regular repertoire.
1 comment:
mmmmmm. chili dogs ;)
actually, now you make me want to go to jungle jim's! and i can do it now that school is out for summer and i have time! just need to grab a friend...
Post a Comment