Thursday, April 30, 2009

(Almost) Instant Gratification

Just days after planting, we have seedlings! I don't know why, there's just something immensely satisfying about seeing them come up!
And the peppers are going strong! Michael made jalapeno-cheese nacho dip for our snack last night. Yummy!
Tonight we're snacking on mushroom bruschetta with fresh basil from the garden. Maybe I'll take a picture and post it here...maybe...

And, I'm afraid we may have created a monster. Any time Colin heard me open the door today he came scrambling to get out. He's worse than the dog. Even if I tried to open it very, very slowly he still came and would shriek if I closed it before he got out. Unfortunately, it's getting a little warm to just leave it open all day with the AC on. Nice that I can see him playing outside from the kitchen though. At least it gets cleaned finally! LOL!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Isn't it neat to watch seedlings sprout up! My cilantro was up today. I figured it had drowned with all this rain.
Colin looks cool in his plaid shirt.His hair looks a lot thicker in these pics.

Ashley said...

It's all the dirt he's been eating. Makes his hair think. Or something.

Deanna said...

His hair "thinks"????

Ashley said...

urg. thick. leave me alone.

Laura said...

You two straighten up! :-)