Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Feeding Animals (redux)

After we went to the YMCA this morning, I decided we should stop at the "animal farm" (as Michael calls it) again. I think this may become a regular thing because Colin enjoys it SO much and it wears him out; he slept for almost an hour today. I just let him wander around until he says he's ready to go home!

We got there as soon as they opened, so all the animals were still having their breakfast. Colin, of course, had to sign "eat" to me and say the animal name each time he saw a new animal. Here he is signing it for the goats.
He is getting better at feeding all of the animals too. The goats are easy.
But the rabbits require a bit more patience.
And the cow require skills.
But he's getting it! Here he's signing "eat" for the geese (whom we did NOT feed).
He also enjoyed playing in the carport-sized sand pit again. Not sure what he's carefully cooking up, but he really liked it.
Colin also rode the pony today without me holding on to him at all (although, walking along beside, I kept having to remind him to keep ahold of the saddlehorn ~ he'd much rather wave his arms in glee).

Before we left, we went on their short hayride. Colin was uncertain here before it started (puzzled, I think), but once it got going he was jabbering away happily.

No comments: