Friday, September 18, 2009

The Aftermath

Well, like a dork, I didn't really get many pictures taken during our art day today, so you're getting aftermath pics! The kids seemed to enjoy it again; our theme today was "apples" and we were using lots of glue! I wish I had a picture as I was carrying stuff outside because I walked out the door to find Colin with a cup of glue, drizzling it all over the craft table in a very pretty design. He was SO proud of himself!

Colin, of course, I think ended up being the messiest kid here. He even had paint smeared in his hair today.
We decorated paper apples with colored salt and crayons, glued pompoms to green circles and green craft sticks to make apple trees.
We also used apples as stamps with green and red paint. We had finger paint and playdough out too, which was fun.
For our snack, we spread slices of fresh bread with some apple butter and the kids all got to take turns using my apple corer/slicer to make apple slices for themselves!

Here's Colin helping with "cleanup" duty.
And Colin afterwards, taken from under the door to his room:

2 comments:

Biscuitsisters said...

That is so sweet of him sleeping! I'm so sad to miss all of the fun activities!

Kim said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait for the next art day! Love the pics of Colin.