Thursday, August 13, 2009

Word Schmerd

So I didn't get any pictures today, but it was one of those days where Colin swung from high highs to low lows. He was either giggly and entertaining or randomly shrieking. Weird. I think his teeth were hurting, so we had some Motrin and just dealt. He was also tired. I know this for several reasons (in no particular order): 1) he had an episode where he stood in front of me, mouth open wide, and just howled and then gave me a hug and kiss, then he did it again, and again; 2) he stomped around after supper rubbing his eyes but refusing to sleep; 3) after stomping for a while, he started running laps around the dinner table while Michael and I finished eating to keep himself from falling asleep; 4) he had his bednight snack and when Michael set him down to walk away, I leaped to catch him because his eyes were not even open; 5) this afternoon before Michael even got home, Colin begged me (with pleeeaaaases and whining) for a bath; 6) I am sure there were more things, but my brain refuses to come up with them at the moment

In other interesting Colin news, he was getting his words totally confuz-ed today. Here are my two favorites:
  • I was talking about his "heart" and he starting making the 'nu-nuh...nu-nuh' from Jaws and moving his hand for "shark" (thank you Papa).
  • On our evening walk, Michael and I were talking about the "clouds" and Colin began singing Thunder and Blazes/Entry of the Gladiators, which we always sing when we read about "clowns" (doot-doot-doodle-oodle oot doot do do).
Okay, that's all I got for tonight...gonna crash after a day with this kid! :)

No comments: