This past weekend was bad for Colin's head. He hit nearly every square inch of it on something by the time the weekend was over. On Friday I was vacuuming, which he loves. He was showing his excitement by running gleeful circles around the sofa. Unfortunately he cut the corner short coming up behind me just as I pulled back the vacuum cleaner, colliding with it at full speed. He got a lovely goose egg for his trouble, seen here a few days after the fact.
On Saturday, Michael got out the vacuum cleaner to do a small spot in the living room. With perfect timing, Colin ran for an army helmet I had found for his pretend box! We cracked up!

Sadly, the army helmet's label was right and it is NOT a "safety protective device". Here is the helmet later in the afternoon, looking like Colin took a shot to the head. Actually, the helmet took a blow with a cheese grater, Colin's new favorite toy. *sigh*

In other news, we joined my new friend Kim and her daughter Adrianna at their house for a play date this morning. Mary, Emma, and Baby Connor were there too. We had such a good time hanging out and Adrianna is one lucky little girl because she has an awesome swingset in her backyard! We played out there until the sun drove us back in the house. I got next to no pictures today (what's wrong with me?!?); sorry!
Anyway, funny thing though. Colin, who has NO fear of actual animals, wanting to kiss each and every one of them, is apparently terrified of a dancing Elmo. I have no explanation. But family, if you were thinking of getting him a mechanized toy for Christmas, you may want to reconsider. He came over the hug me and then when I was laughing, went to Mary for comfort instead. Later, when he would catch a glimpse of Elmo, he would shudder! Kinda funny; kinda sad.
Courtney, it was the exact same reaction Ryleigh has to talking pumpkins!

Emma is pretty skilled at climbing up the ladder you see at the far left of this picture. Colin preferred trying to climb up the slide. It's really only a matter of time before they can get to the top of the platform all by themselves, I fear. They both seemed to like being up there and being king and queen of the hill. Two peas in a pod, those two. Two peas in a pod. Both dangerously curious, monkey-like, endlessly energetic, and bottomless pits. At least I have Mary with whom to commisurate.
No comments:
Post a Comment