Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meet Bob the Fish

Well, Colin is happily driving his new trains around the game room, so I think I have a couple minutes to blog.

No, we did not get a new pet. Colin has requested his first book by its title! Last night we were downstairs and Colin got it in his head that he wanted to read a particular book. He grabbed Michael's hand and said, "book, book. bob fish. bob fish," and dragged Michael upstairs to read Bob the Fish!

He can name all the characters/animals in it too. Clever boy! :) Here's a pic, pardon the bluriness, Colin didn't want to stay on the title page a few minutes ago when I was trying to make the picture.
Then, this morning while I was showering, he and Michael were apparently reading about animals.

***backstory: Colin, though he previously knew animal names, has decided the past several weeks to call all animals by their sounds instead (except cats and dogs, which are still "cats" and "dogs")***

Michael decided he was going to convince Colin this morning before leaving for work that this was a "horse" not a "neigh". Colin kept insisting that it was a "neigh" and started pulling out other books with horses and pointing to them as though to show his daddy that "no, see every book says it's a neigh". LOL! Way to pull out references, son! I am so proud! When Michael was walking out the door, Colin was still trying to chase him down with yet another published example of a "neigh"!

1 comment:

Sealtrainer said...

If only my students took their references as seriously. I'm teaching a Children's Lit class this semester. I wonder if Colin would be willing to share his favorite animal book titles with Auntie Kristen?!