Friday, August 28, 2009

Allergies, Cookies, and Toys. Oh My.

Well, Colin has been suffering from allergies for the past few days, so there have been very few pictures taken. :( He is feeling quite a bit better today, but still has a runny nose and stuffy head. We even went to go play at Adriana's again. And I took no pictures. What is wrong with me lately? I promise to start doing better again and get back into the habit of taking and posting them regularly!

These photos are from yesterday. What do you do when your puny 17 month old begs and cries for cookies? "Mama, cookie, please, cookie, mama. Mama, cookie..." You get in the kitchen and make some! He was so happy to have some oatmeal cookies and a juice and I was glad he felt like eating something. Check out the bottom of the post for a couple videos of his joy eating the cookies (and his amusement at me not wanting him to put them in my mouth ~ thanks, but I had enough of that with my baby sister).
Here he is this morning. He has even started going into the bathroom and getting toilet paper to wipe his own nose. Saddest thing I've ever seen.
I have a few pictures of his favorite things lately. One is this fireman's helmet. I found it the same day I got the army helmet, but this one has not been beaten by the cheese grater. He loves wearing it and will keep it on for nearly an hour at a time. One of his favorite things to do with it is pull it down over his eyes, walk until he runs into something, lift it to see what he ran into, then pull it back down and start walking again.
Silly little guy!Here's another of his favorite things this week. These small animals have been played with almost constantly for the past three days (since we bought them Wednesday morning)!
And Michael caught him pulling this book off the shelf
I'm sorry. But really, what did you expect from a child of ours? ;)
And the videos I promised you. The first one is a little long. At first he's just eating and then he gets a bit silly at the end.


In this one, he just discovered "no thank you" and apparently finds the fact that I'm saying it to be one of the most hilarious things he's ever heard. Did I mention he's been feeling under the weather and might be just a bit slap happy?

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Poor Colin! You have to get out of Texas soon so that poor baby can breathe! The last video was adorable.

Kim said...

Did I see that right...was he looking at the periodic table of elements? Brilliant already! :)