Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wednesday/Thursday Semi-Daily Update

Every morning when Colin wakes up, the first thing he wants to do is say hello to Percival (who is really more interested in just continuing to sleep). Please pardon the unmade bed; you will notice from Colin's wet hair that we have just finished showering and getting dressed. Cut me some slack, okay?
Aww, "da dog...*kiss, kiss*" Colin's daily greeting. Poor Percy.
Okay, one *kiss* then I'm going back to sleep kid.
When he's done, he spends at least another 10-15 minutes making faces, gestures, and funny noises at himself in the mirror. I actually remembered yesterday to grab the camera for them for once.
Sadly, he is not silly all day, every day. Many times this week I have wondered why my feet don't hurt more from standing my ground! He can be so opinionated and stubborn. No idea where this is coming from...well, maybe an inkling...

Anyway, here's a picture of him in the middle of dinner Tuesday night, having a total meltdown because...wait for it...

Michael offered him a drink of water.

Yep, he was eating happily, shovelling food into his mouth with both fists, when his father had the gall to ask him if he needed a drink. Let the terrible twos begin.
Today he threw himself facedown onto the floor at Target and screamed when I told him it was time to move to the next aisle. I really wanted to loudly proclaim that this child's mother should be ashamed, but thankfully there was no one else around, so I just laughed at him and started to walk away. He came with me (though stomping).

On to happier times today!

We went to Sea World this morning for a couple hours. We watched the sea lions/seals and caught the seal show.

Don't you love his little hand in this picture?
We visited the aviary, which he found equally fascinating and frightening.
They were doing some promotional filming of one of the skiing teams, so we watched this guy do flips and such in the water for a while. It was during the Shamu show, so we and another lady were the only ones watching!
Here's Colin. He could see both the guy behind the boat and the rollercoasters from where we were sitting, so he was dividing his attention between the two.
Of course, we had to go see Colin's ducks and "pink birds" too. Yep, he's definitely saying "pink bird" to the flamingos. I hadn't realized how many of his books actually have flamingos in them and he obviously knows what they are. We met a just-retired military family there with their two grandsons, so they took our pic and we took theirs. Then the grandpa got bird feed for their two boys and Colin (he was skeptical about feeding something that looked so tasty to the birds though!).
On our way out, he saw the statue of the Clydesdales and started neighing, so of course we had to stop and see the horses too!
Tonight we made dinner, banana bread, and pound cake (for tomorrow...you'll have to wait to find out, I'll have pics of what we're doing!). Colin kept saying "hot" and blowing on the oven. It was TOO funny! Here are a couple pics of that to round out your day. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The ones of him making faces at himself in the mirror crack me up! I love my nephew!

Shawn said...

Those are cute! Percy is such a good dog. I love the ones of him looking at himself in the mirror!