We headed off to meet Anna, Kiana, and Sidney at Sea World this morning. Colin read a whole book in the 5 minutes it took us to get there. What an overachiever! :)

One of the first things we did was visit the penguins and puffins. Colin was fascinated and kept trying to get a closer look. We also saw a (high) school group getting to go in and interact with the penguins ~ wouldn't that be SO cool (no pun intended...)! The girls inside were waving at Colin and Kiki, who couldn't decide if the people or the penguins were more fun to watch!

Of course, once it was time to swim, Colin dutifully got wet and then immediately requested a snack. How many calories can this boy burn through??? Here he is chillin' out in his poolside seat and having some crackers.


Once satiated, he got back in!
Kiki and Colin are the same age and around the same size and they play very well together. They both loved the water today. Colin is getting better at running through it, but seemed a little skeptical at first about the waves (probably remembering getting bowled over by them at the ocean!).

The little-bity-kid area has things for them to climb on and slide through as well as shooting streams of water and an "umbrella" of water. Colin liked all but the umbrella (which is also in water up to about his chest...maybe part of his problem).

Here's Sid going down the slide. Colin watched very carefully, so maybe soon he will be willing to try this part.



After Anna and the kids went home, Colin and I went to see the birds. He loves watching the birds and seems to be starting to distinguish between them. I couldn't tell what he was saying, but there was definitely a different adjective before each "bird". When he pointed at the flamingos, it even sounded like "pink bird," but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know his colors yet...


Colin kept touching the rocks between us and the water and asking "hot?". They weren't actually all that hot yet, but it was still so cute!

After seeing the birds, we went to visit the dolphins and the aquarium (always a favorite last stop of the day). The dolphins were really active today and Colin kept giggling at them swimming by and splashing him!

3 comments:
Looked like a great morning! I still want to go to Sea World when I come down the end of the month. I really do think Colin knows more colors than you guys think. I love the picture of Colin reading in the car on the way. Reminded me of Michael and Jonathon reading on all our trips :-)
Looks like a fun morning! Bummed we missed it! Lily would have rather been at Sea World than at the doctor, I'm sure. She did great, though... 20lbs. 3 oz. and 29.75 inches! And 5 shots and a blood draw for anemia check. Needless to say, she's sleeping now!
Looks like so much fun. We will have to go together sometime!
Post a Comment