Friday, April 9, 2010

Fun Sea World Trip

Colin and I decided to hit Sea World this morning since they're only open on Friday-Sunday this month. I just love it when it's nearly empty!
The dolphins were first on Colin's to-do list. Colin got splashed by the dolphins, which he loved!
They were really feisty today and were doing all sorts of spontaneous flips and twists in the air. One was making clicking noises at the trainer and she was laughing saying how silly he was today.
That trainer was also cheering them on and Colin had to imitate her.
Another trainer came over and sat with Colin for a while and talked to him about the dolphins (another thing I like about going on really dead days). That was pretty cool and Colin liked listening to him. I have a feeling we'll be hearing about things he said to Colin for the next couple weeks.
And despite three trips to dolphin cove, we did actually get to see some other stuff while we were there.
Like the sea lions, seals, and otters.
And puddles.
And "big kids riding a orka"; "Colin ride a orka?" No honey, you need to grow at least another foot first.
This, I thought he'd be big enough to do though. The first few nets were okay and he mostly was alright on the tunnel nets (though I ended up lugging him through the last few), but some of the nets were downright steep (like almost vertical) and I got a workout getting him through the entire (long) net course under my arm! At a certain point you figure you may as well keep going forward rather then turn back and redo what you've already done! Next time we may stick with this one inclined net and just go down the slide though. :)
All in all a good morning of fun though and we even got someone to take a picture of the two of us on the way out (note to self, next time set camera to auto - I checked the lighting for her, but apparently had it on manual focus too - oops!).

No comments: