Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Week

Alright, alright, alright! Yes, it's been nearly two weeks since I posted pictures. :) Hopefully this will sate some of you for a while. LOL! Here's a rundown of what we did last week (in reverse). I have pictures from this week too and they'll be up hopefully soon!

Colin opening his Easter basket/bucket. Animal coloring books, new crayons, and a dolphin notepad.
One of the coloring books came with stickers.
He decided the bucket would be great for gathering flowers!
And giving some to mommy! :) Melts your heart sometimes, doesn't he?
Note the wad of flowers in his hand.
And more for mom.
Singing and being silly.
After church. Apparently his Sunday school teachers had shirts for the kids to paint, but Colin opted out! They didn't force the issue (good plan), but all the way home he kept saying, "the kids all painted shirts, but Colin did not paint a shirt." Uh, yeah, we got that. Thanks. Would have liked to have a cool shirt though. ;)

Friday evening was the squadron Easter party at Pump It Up. Here's Colin singing on the way home (I told you the pics were in reverse order!).
Colin won the prize at the party (based on a number found in the eggs from the egg hunt): a giant Easter basket with candy and a toy truck! Wow!
I love how much he wants to follow Zach and Seth around lately. He talks about them all the time and is always so excited to see them, sit by them, and generally be into whatever they are doing.
Unless it's the (admitedly scary) Easter bunny. Seth really liked him. Colin...not so much. Actually, terrified is probably pretty accurate.I love this picture I caught of Lily. Not sure what she's doing, but she looks a little like a ballerina. :)
This one she's definitely a WNBA star though.
What do you think? Ready for the pro's?
Again, not sure what's going on, but his silly mannerisms crack me up sometimes.
Great action shot:
And another:
Playing king of the mountain. Or something.
We also had art day on Friday and afterwards, Colin and I did our bi-weekly lunch date. He's really gotten to be pretty nice to take out.
At art day we did some fun Easter-y crafts. Like decorating Easter cookies.
Hunting for eggs. (incidentally, despite the fact that all the other kids were digging into theirs, Colin didn't realize until about 7 hours later that these contained candy; he was happy hiding and re-finding them!)
And dyeing eggs.
To get ready for art day, Colin and I spent some time Thursday afternoon cutting out and baking several dozen cookies. :) It was probably even more fun that art day itself for the two of us!
Yes, he's naked a lot right now. He's working on potty training and has no accidents as long as he can just go sit on the potty whenever he wants without our help!

And yes, he's laying on the dog bed. The sheets were still warm from being washed and Percy was curled up there, so Colin decided to lay on it with him (which caused Percy to leave immediately - I had to tell him to sit while I grabbed the camera. Wish I'd have gotten them curled up though. Percy is giving me an awful look, so I decided to let him run away instead of demanding he lay back down!
Colin making "pancakes". Look closely and think carefully if he ever offers to make them for you though.
Earlier in the week we received Easter baskets from both sets of grandparents (you can see Colin's basket - the football one - in the art day egg hunt pictures). Here's Colin digging into the one from Joe and Laura.
These were probably his favorite part:
Finally, last Monday we met Tracey and Blake at the zoo. The boys were a hoot together and pretty perfectly matched in my opinion. They were content to chase each other around for a good portion of the morning (which was fine with Tracey and me as we counted down to naptime!). They were so silly, giggling and running as fast as their little two-year-old legs could carry them. Then they decided it was silly to flop on the ground next to each other and giggle too. Dirty, but definitely cute.

Eventually they ran off some steam and actually looked at the animals though and we did a whirlwind trip through the whole zoo. They fed the birds.
Saw some very young ducklings, who were still learning to swim effectively. They'd go in funny circles and then look a little perplexed. One duckling was much more advanced though and kept chasing his brothers and sisters. Colin is still talking about that silly duck!
They "rode an elephant" together.
And much more, but that's all the pictures I'm uploading tonight! :) Whew, what a busy week!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Thank you!!!!! I was going into withdrawal, without my Colin fix! The pictures are great, love you

Lauren said...

Great pictures, Ash! Looks like a fun-filled week, although I'm not surprised because we got to be there for some of the fun! Talk to you soon!

Laura said...

YES! Thank you for pictures, like your Mom I too was missing my Colin (and the rest of you guys!) All of the shots were fabulous. What wonderful memories you guys are making.