I walked in the other night to the boys just guffawing at something. Turns out they had made up their own word: "gark" and it was absolutely, hands-down, the funniest thing Colin had ever heard and watching him throw his head back and literally rolling on the floor in laughter was one of the funniest things Michael and I had ever seen, so we all laughed about it for a good long while.


Near as we could tell from his usage, it was a verb of some sort because Mommy, Daddy, Colin, Percy and all the stuffed animals can gark.
Still, several days later, he will sometimes say it and start giggling! He has decided as of yesterday that it's some sort of noise that he will then make for you if you ask him; maybe I can get it on video. It's sort of a cough-snort-bark combo...



And I just had to share Michael's "culinary disasterpiece" (his words, not mine) with you from last night. I have to say first that he's such a good cook, but not a baker; however once in a while he gets it in his head that he wants cake and will (thank goodness) make it himself. Normally it turns out okay, but last night's didn't! It started off with the wrong size pan (he couldn't find the right one, so just decided he'd do two thinner layers and make a layered version), continued with not flouring it enough, and ended with it totally sticking to the pan and him scraping it out and gluing it together with frosting!

Once he was done putting it together and munching on all the bits he didn't stick on he didn't even want any, so I guess we're having cake for dessert tonight! I had to quickly sweep it off the countertop this morning though as the first thing Colin said when he came downstairs was "yum mommy, what's that cake?" LOL!
1 comment:
What happened to Michael's beautiful and awesome cheese cakes he used to make??
As far as the garking business... sounds like something his Aunt Kristen would say!:-)
Post a Comment