The cedar is really bad right now in SA and as a result, we are all feeling pretty under-the-weather Colin even dragged all his blankets out several times today to "pretend" to nap. He only lays there for about 10 seconds at a time, but I figure he's getting a little rest at least.

Once he saw I had the camera out he kept wanting me to take his picture. He'd lay down and pose, wait until he heard the 'click' and then run over to see the shot, then tell me to do another as he raced back to pose!


In this one he's saying "silly Colin".

We've been staying inside and were starting to go a little stir-crazy, so since the allergens are absolutely killing us, we headed over to meet our friends Mary, Emma, and Conner at the library's Toddler Time. They sang songs, played with maracas, read stories, and did a Valentine's Day craft. It was a perfect morning's diversion for all of us!

Mary and I both agreed that though we felt a bit like death-warmed-over today that we still wanted pictures with our kiddos, since they happen so rarely. :)

In completely unrelated news, I have made it to the final round of the design contest I was telling you about a few weeks ago. :) Here are some of the things I've designed over the past month:
Some camping equipment I extracted:


A kit called "Ruby's Garden" and named after my great grandma.


A steampunk kit I did with another designer (who, interestingly enough went to Rolla the same time as we did, grew up in North Missouri, and whose brother Michael knows because they had EE classes together). She now lives in Michigan and we wouldn't have known this except we both thought the other's pic looked strangely familiar (obviously she didn't think she knew anyone from TX and I didn't think I knew anyone from MI). Small world. Weird.


A small kit inspired by our art days.

I forced Colin into child labor and he did the background paper on this one with watercolors:

And the kit I originally showed you guys on here.


For the final project I am working on a kit I think I'm going to call "Backyard Fort". :) Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Colin must be feeling bad if he is pretending to nap!
Love the scrap book stuff! Some really neat ideas.
Post a Comment