Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bass Pro and First Recorded Poetry Recitation

Michael had the day off yesterday for MLK Day and we decided to spend part of the morning at Bass Pro. We had a couple things we needed to pick up and knew Colin would enjoy the outing with the two of us. I even managed to snap a few pictures while we were there.

Colin loved all the animals, but the moose and elk may have been his favorites.
He pet a couple of the racoons too.
And watched the fish for a while. You can see partly here his first really fat lip. I'll try to get a good picture of it maybe tomorrow and tell you the whole story ~ let's just say that Colin and I both had a lot of blood to wash off us at church Sunday morning.
Here's a closer picture. I think if you didn't look at him all the time he wouldn't even look that bad from the outside. But it's pretty bad when you look in his mouth still.
At least three dozen times while we were there, Colin said this poem from a book David got him for Christmas. I don't know why I didn't think to record it then, but I did get a relatively decent rendition of it this morning...not as enunciated as he's done it before, but definitely better than his usual silence in front of the video camera lately.





Here's the words (ya know, in case you don't understand a stage-fright version of two-year-old speak ~ i.e. strange pauses and leaving out words that he normally says)...
An eye, an ear
I think I see a deer
Hiding behind that big tree.
A stomp, a flash
He's gone in a dash
I think that deer just saw me!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

He did a good job reciting the poem! And his lip really is swollen!

J.L. said...

Soooo cute! Sorry we missed Art Day today :(