Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week in Review

Here's a quick recap of our week...

Last Saturday crawling through daddy's disassembled computer:
Look at those cute feet! :)Monday playdate at Emma's.Wednesday night, dinner at Adriana's (thanks Lauren for all the pictures this night...I apparently didn't even get my camera out!):Thursday, getting ready for portraits (which I will post soon):
Afterward on Thursday, playdate at base park:
The other mommas.Watching an airplane go by.Friday evening...funny story...
So Colin didn't take a nap Friday afternoon because before art day he snoozed for a bit. Therefore, at dinner time he was literally falling asleep at the table. He kept shoving more food in his mouth and saying "more bread" but his eyes were closed the whole time and his head was nodding. We were cracking up! When he realized we were laughing at him he started singing to keep himself awake, but it didn't work too long and he was back to nodding head and drooping eyes.

Finally he said he was all done so we quickly wiped his face and set him down behind his chair.
Where he promptly collapsed and fell asleep!
We left him there for a half hour snooze while we cleaned up, but then we were off to Best Buy where...
I got a new digital SLR camera! It was a birthday present from both our parents and Jon and Kristen! Sadly, Colin was zonked by the time we got home, so I only took at couple pics before putting the battery in to charge. Here they are though...on auto and lowest resolution I still like the colors better than my other one (which will probably still be my main shove-in-the-backpack-and-take-out camera for quite some time!). I can't wait to learn how to use! I'll try to get some pictures this afternoon, but definitely be expecting more in the upcoming weeks (one of the reasons I got it a bit early was to learn how to use it in time for holiday pics!). For now, here's one of each of our kids:
Wow, look at the colors:

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great shots of all the kids playing.
We can almost see Colin growing in some of these.
You're right about the colors from the new camera being super.

J.L. said...

So happy for you that you got a new camera! You'll have a lot of fun with it!