So I didn't get a good eye picture right after it happened. It's just so hard to get a close-up of Colin's face with his eyes in the right direction and good light! Here's a pic of him sleepily awaiting his pancakes this morning. It mostly just looks like he has eyeliner on one eye now!
In funny news, yesterday morning he walked in to our bedroom, having gotten himself out of bed. Got his face right in my face and said, "momma, ba-na-na-bread" as clearly and with as much enunciation as he could muster. He often does this to try and get his point across. Sadly, we did not have any ba-na-na-bread. :( I think I will make some either this evening or tomorrow morning though. Poor baby apparently craves it!

Here are some cute overalls I found for him yesterday at the store. Maybe now his (my) friends will stop making fun of his pants always falling down! It's really not his fault he has a tiny waist and no butt. I guess they don't make clothes for his shape at this age ~ I'm starting to only buy jeans with adjustable waistbands though so I can change it from day to day!

We spent yesterday afternoon at the library. I couldn't get him to leave though because he insisted he must sit at the little tables and read his books, not take them to the car!



Today was art day at our house and we had a lot of fun, as usual.

We made bird feeders and nests (from pine needles, grass, and faux feathers). This was fun, but was definitely better for the older kiddos than for 1 year olds! Oh well, Colin still definitely enjoyed the mud!

Here's Lily with her nest (I think mommy helped a
bit though!). She looks a little piqued in this picture - maybe she thought we were going to make her stop playing? I think it's kind of a sweet insolent face though...her face is always so expressive! :)

At snack time, Colin and Emma were very cute, sharing their ice with each other. I love watching the two of them play...but then it makes me very thankful not to have twins...two headstrong kids this age constantly together might be more than my nerves could take!

All in all, we had a nice relaxing morning, lunch with friends, and a fun afternoon playing outside in the cool sunshiny day! Even Michael was able to join in running around the yard when he got off work!
Colin learned to hold his breath and stick his face under the water for several seconds the other night. We were apparently sufficiently impressed because now he does it all the time. He is taking his bath as I type this, so you get a few bathtub pics to end the post (couldn't get one of his whole head in the water though):



1 comment:
Guess you know now how much fun it was to dress your husband. Like buying clothes for a toothpick!
Post a Comment