I just can't seem to get pics up every day right now (partial blame lies with the star of this blog, who does not like me to do it during the day and wears me out so I don't feel like doing it in the evenings!), so for those of you who look each day: um, sorry! :) At least I'm still taking pictures!
Here are some pics from our week:
On Tuesday, we met Michael on base and had lunch at the BX. He and Colin were already chowing down when I got to the table.

After that, we met Lauren, Lauren, and Kim at the zoo. Colin fell asleep while we were waiting on the girls...Lauren got a picture of this highly unusual event:

We visited the butterfly house again. If you look carefully, you can see the pink and blue one in this picture:

And the butterfly that landed on his shoulder in this picture. He really wanted me to help get one on his finger, but we just couldn't manage it this time!


We got some pictures of all the kids on a little bench in the butterfly house (accidentally in age-order). Lauren and Kim got better pictures of all the kids' faces, but I like how the girls are both looking at Henry here:

Mr. Independent:

Who thinks he's boss of the zoo. I love the tiptoed peering into the rhino pits:

On Wednesday, we met Lauren and Anna at the Children's Museum. They had a great ball area, which shoots them through pipes and pops them with levers and such, which I'll have to get pictures of next time we're there. All the kids were fascinated by this and I guess so were the adults. Didn't even get the camera out of the bag until we were done in there! LOL!
As we were walking from that area to the next (a bubble room!), Colin hollered out, "whale"...it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. That kid is too observant. Taking him to the grocery store takes forever now because he notices animals on packaging I've never even looked at before and then we have to stop and talk about them all! :)

There was a little trolley, which of course Colin had to drive. Lily didn't seem to mind him being in the driver's seat too much...until he turned around and actually told her to "sit down" ~ haha...you think he hears that a little too much?!

Colin liked the little aquarium area and probably would have stayed an hour just watching the fish.

Lily prefered the mirror. Pretty girl!

On the lower level, they had a mini grocery store set up, complete with tiny carts and scanners that beeped when you rang up your barcodes. Colin went around labeling things, but not putting much in his cart. He was perplexed that the cracker boxes were empty and the asperagus (which he was excited to see) didn't crunch when he (much to my horror) tried to chomp down on it. Yuck!

Lily, (I think much to Lauren's horror) kept going back for another carton of ice cream! I believe she hit that aisle at least three separate times and always went for the same flavor!

When Colin finished, he went to an empty corner and started singing at the top of his lungs.

Later Lily joined him and they played on some construction equipment.


Yesterday was another Art Day and we had a ball. Here we are going on a nature walk to gather supplies for our projects:

We made some wax stained glass leaves and even the littlest kids seemed to enjoy the feel of the shaved crayons and the results were pretty cool. The older kids liked watching the wax melt under the iron.

We made collages with some of the flowers and grasses we gathered on our walks. Lily backed hers with a pretty purple!

Here is Colin's, which he made with very little assistance. I had them smoosh stuff onto contact paper to make it easier than gluing.

Here's Colin's finished leaf...not the best pic, but he arranged the colors on this one totally on his own and it turned out kinda pretty actually.

And that is pretty much it. Hope you like the pics! :)
2 comments:
Those are so good! I love all your art days. Wish we could be there! You are so creative!
We loved art day!!! You do such a great job with it! Adriana smiles every time we show her the stained glass leaf. Can't wait till next time!
Post a Comment