Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Showing the House

Colin and I have been trying to steer clear of the house as much as we can in order to both keep it cleaner and to help him detox from being gone. Today we went to storytime at the library. All the kids were unusually calm today for some reason, so the storytime lady actually got through a handful of books!
After fighting quite a bit about whether he needed a nap (which he did), I laid down on our bed with Colin and he finally crashed out for about half an hour. I love watching him snuggle up when I put a blanket over him even when he's already asleep.
Tonight, about 10 min before I was planning to pull dinner out of the oven, we got a call that a realtor wanted to show the house in 15 minutes. So, dinner got moved to the fridge and we hopped in the car and gave Colin a choice of three restaurants. He (shockingly) picked Tiago's. ;)
Porky here ate his meal and another enchilada, half a flauta, and an empanada off our plates. I'm pretty sure he must be on the verge of a growth spurt because I haven't been able to keep him full the past few days. That, or Joe and Laura didn't feed him at all while he was gone...
After we got home, Colin wanted to play a game. We'd already played all the tic-tac-toe and Memory (two-year-old versions of the rules) that I could handle this morning, so we worked on Hi-Ho Cherry-O. According to Colin's rules though, no matter who spins the wheel, he gets to count out that many cherries into his bucket. :)
After that, it was bath and bed time! I've been trying to get a picture that really highlights the ginormous bubbles he's been blowing lately, but this is as good as I've gotten.
Hope you've all had a great day! G'night!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yes, we fed the little pig! He ate more than Joe and I'm still restocking the cabinets. :-)